I just love quotations. I find them inspiring and quite fascinating: sort of old fashioned tweets. Anyway here is another 10 of my favourites: –
- When written in Chinese, the word “crisis” is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy
2. If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.
3. The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.
4. The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.
5. You can accomplish much if you don’t care who gets the credit.
6. The successful man is the one who finds out what is the matter with his business before his competitors do.
Roy L. Smith
7. Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
8. Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; it is better to be alone than in bad company.
9. The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer.
Thomas J. Watson
10. Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.
John D. Wright
As for my personal favourite after a long mull over I am going for Big Blue’s very own Thomas J. Watson. When I was in IT it applied, when I ran a business it was also very true and yet it applies even more these day when I am in selling mode or coaching like a good ‘un.